This Saturday afternoon, Queen Elizabeth II will bury her husband Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh. The ceremony will take place at the private chapel at Windsor Castle, where he died on April 9, and it can be followed right here on this live blog.
The funeral is scheduled for 14:00 CEST or 15:00 BST, starting with a national minute’s silence, which will be initially signalled by the firing of a gun by The King’s Troop Royal Horse Artillery.
Prince Philip’s Funeral – Duke of Edinburgh
Prince Philip wanted minimal fuss for his funeral and there are also restrictions on the number of people who can attend, due to the coronavirus pandemic. Only 30 attendees are permitted, but the funeral can be followed via this live stream.
Where will prince philip be buried?
Price Philip will be interred at the royal vault in St. George’s Chapel, according to the palace. The queen Elisabeth II is also expected to be laid to rest at Windsor in the royal vault in St. George’s Chapel A medida que se baja el atad a la bveda, que est bajo tierra, un coro de cuatro personas cantar el Himno Nacional y el Arzobispo de Canterbury dar una Bendicin.
Full Guest List for Prince Philip’s Funeral below:
- The Queen
- Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall
- Princess Anne and Sir Tim Laurence
- Prince Andrew
- Prince Edward, the Countess of Wessex, Lady Louise and Viscount Severn
- Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge
- Prince Harry
- Peter Phillips
- Zara and Mike Tindall
- Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi
- Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank
- The 2nd Earl of Snowdon
- Lady Sarah Chatto and Daniel Chatto
- The Duke of Gloucester
- The Duke of Kent
- Princess Alexandra
- The Hereditary Prince of Baden
- The Landgrave of Hesse
- The Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg
- The Countess Mountbatten of Burma